Hey there, fellow travel enthusiasts!
We are wildly passionate about travel. Its our thing! If we’re not exploring some out of the way destination, then you can bet that we’re planning our next crazy trip idea. Our family and friends think we’re nuts, but most avid travelers we meet understand completely.
We enjoy a wide variety in our travel:
- trekking in the Alps
- backpacking New Zealand
- photo expeditions worldwide
- cultural explorations throughout Asia
- hiking Patagonia
- nature and wildlife expeditions in Central and South America and Africa
- beach trips to remote island destinations
- river cruising & ocean cruising
- walking, hiking, and camping adventures
- driving trips abroad and throughout the US
Depending on the location, we have traveled on a shoestring budget and traveled first class in complete luxury – boots and all!
The Best Part About Traveling
The best part of traveling for us is meeting people – the fascinating people that live in the places we visit – AND the many fellow travelers that we meet along the way.
There’s a very cool bond that happens when you share a few weeks, a day, a meal, or even a brief conversation with someone in a remote location.
“Gearing up” For Travel
“Gearing up” for travel is a lifetime art. Everywhere we go, we ask travelers about the way they travel:
- What’s the one thing you always bring on every trip, and how do you use it?
- What item do you wish you had brought with you on this trip?
- What item would you have left behind?
- What is your top tip for traveling, and why?
We started Destinations Travel Gear to share the ideas of fellow travelers with you. To let other passionate travelers hear what’s worked for us, and what hasn’t. The recommendations that we make on Destinations Travel Gear come from our personal experience, hands on reviews, and feedback from our fellow travelers that have used these items in their travels.
Its Your Turn
We’d love to hear from you. Where do you travel? What’s your favorite ‘must have’ travel item that you always carry with you? We want to get to know you, we personally answer our email, and we try to respond to everyone that writes. So go ahead, drop us a line using the email address on the right.
Dave & Eliza