I have enough trouble getting a restful night’s sleep at home, and when I’m traveling it’s even harder. My body clock gets out of whack, and unfamiliar sounds in the room and outside can make it feel impossible to sleep no matter how tired I am.
After considerable research and trying different compact-sized sleep sound machines, the Sound+Sleep Nomad Adaptive Sound Machine came out on top as the best white noise machine, and the all around best sound machine, for travel.
Here is our video review of the Sound+Sleep Nomad.
The lowest price we’ve seen for this travel sound machine is here on Amazon.
This small unit packs a ton of big features, including:
- 48 sound profiles – 5 nature sound categories with 8 versions each of rainfall, waterfall, brook, ocean and meadow ; plus white noise, pink noise, brown noise, and electric fan
- Runs on your choice of AC, USB, or 2 AA batteries
- Upward facing speaker giving fuller room sound
- Option to use adaptive sound technology to automatically adjust the volume of the machine based on changing volume of ambient noise
- Can run continuously or be times to automatically and gradually shut off in 30, 60, or 90 minutes
- Has a 3.5 mm audio input for listening to music and other audio through your mp3 player, smartphone, or computer.
I like it so much, I use it every night at home as well as when on the road.
If you have difficulty falling asleep, or staying asleep when traveling, give this Sound+Sleep Nomad a try.